Get Rid Of Those Stubborn Acne Scars & Blemishes
We have all heard the advice when we were younger ‘Don’t pick your spots otherwise they will scar’ Looking back now, that was sound advice even though we thought we knew better. Fast forward to present day and your face is left with holes and craters of scar tissue that refuses to budge! This can lead to a lack of self confidence and even flash backs to harder times in your life
Reading online, you may be convinced to go under the knife to remove these scars and blemishes. This can however be expensive and maybe unnecessary after you find out the benefits of some home remedies and products
The first thing to do when assessing what treatment is best for you is to determine what type of acne scar you have. Naturally there are quite a few types which include ice pick, rolling and boxcar scars depending on their size, shape, and contour. Here are some examples to help make your diagnosis easier.
1) Ice Pick Scar
- These often have a small surface area but appear as deep indentions on your skin.
- Due to the depths that they can reach, they are one of the hardest scars to heal
- May resemble a scar created by a small ice pick.
2) Boxcar Scar
- Much wider than Ice pick scar’s
- They are most commonly round to oval indentions with a smooth outline
- Can represent a chicken pox scar.
3) Rolling Scar
- Most frequently they are the broadest of scars without any real defined boundaries
- They are the largest scars and can measure up to 5mm in diameter
- They have a varied appearance in terms of shape, size and contour.
Now you have identified the type of scar you may have; it is time to learn about a few remedies to help reduce their appearance:
Salicylic acid is beneficial for all scar types. It makes a good addition to a daily skin care routine for most people who live with acne.
It also helps reduce swelling and redness in the area, which may minimize the appearance of scarring.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (ACA)
AHAs are a mild form of acid that scrapes away the outer layer of skin to reveal fresh, new skin underneath. This process may help with discoloration due to scarring.
Although there are solutions to reducing the appearance of acne scars and blemishes, there is unfortunately no miracle cure. Here at CHOK Beauty, we offer a range of useful devices and serums to help reduce the scar tissue and give new skin every chance of surviving. Look out in your emails for our top recommendations!